Crediton Bowling Club was founded in 1931 in the grounds of Newcombes Meadow
in Crediton, where it still thrives. A new clubhouse was built to accomodate the
members part of which is still in use.
Crediton Bowling Club - All rights reserved (2011) (Larry Parker)
A list of our Cub Presidents and Chairmen in given below.
The earliest photograph
available shows the
opening of the 1933
season with the new
clubhouse in the
During the war the clubhouse was occupied by both the Gaumont Picture Company
and later by the Army, although bowling continued during this time.
The diamond jubilee in 1991
was well supported and the
following year a new club
extension was opened,
providing some much
needed new facilities for the
The new clubhouse was officially opened
In 2006 the club celebrated its 75th
Anniversary, hosting a visit by the English
Bowling Association, and also by the
Devon County Bowling Associations.
In the early 2000's the club had been expanding quite quickly and new facilites were required to keep
pace with growth. Thus in 2007 club members designed and built an extension to the club which
included a new men's changing room, a disabled toilet, an extended main club room, extended kitchen
and extended ladies changing facilities. This was built with the help of a grant from The Lottery Fund.
The new clubhouse was opened at the start of the 2008 season.